Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Am Official


Got up this morning, exercised, showered, ate, and caught the van to orientation. Completed my computer based junk and took a reading comprehension test. You know, tough stuff.

Just after I finished, I ate (Texas Ham and Cheese sandwich), and started filling out the all-important benefits enrollment paperwork. As I was finishing it up, Robert (the orientation instructor) called me up, handed me my badge, my medical card, the name of my Driver Manager (dispatcher), and said as soon as there is an available driver trainer, I’ll be on the road.

He told me there isn’t anybody (outside of my orientation class) currently waiting for a trainer, so the wait shouldn’t be too long (possibly as soon as today). Until then, I’ll be holed up at the motel.

Let’s cross our fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment