Sunday, January 31, 2010

Have We Been Misled?

As I mentioned yesterday, Robert told us that there wasn’t anybody in the motel waiting for a trainer. However, last night I met a guy in the motel who has been waiting about a week for a new trainer after his last one hit a deer, damaging his truck. This guy told me that when he checked in last weekend, there were “a bunch of guys” waiting for trainers, but got put on a bus for Texas, since there aren’t any trainers in this area.

So were they shipped off in order to make room for us new guys? What’s the deal?

Or was he just making up stuff, to make himself feel better for getting stuck in the motel while waiting for a new trainer?

Anyway, I’m not too worried just yet. But if we’re going to be stuck here for any amount of time, I am definitely going to want them to change our room, since we were originally told we’d have a refrigerator and a microwave, but we don’t. I didn’t care at first, but if I need to be here long, I am going to need “real” food, not the expensive IHOP next door, or the $1 menu from the McDonalds around the corner.

It’s Sunday, there’s no LDS church close by, or I’d consider going (even though I didn’t pack any of my Sunday best), so we’re spending the day – it seems – sitting in the motel watching Discovery.

More later… perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment